2014 dxdy logo

Научный форум dxdy

Математика, Физика, Computer Science, Machine Learning, LaTeX, Механика и Техника, Химия,
Биология и Медицина, Экономика и Финансовая Математика, Гуманитарные науки

Начать новую тему Ответить на тему На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  След.

Re: Английский язык
Сообщение24.04.2014, 17:27 
Заслуженный участник

30/01/06
Произношению вас не научит никто, кроме носителей языка. Причём из хороших мест - США, Британия (не Индия ни в коем случае!). Причём, есть вполне доступные курсы, на которых можно учиться как раз у носителей. Но произношение незачем полировать до предела - достаточно, чтобы вас могли понять, чтобы вы не звучали как с кашей во рту. Следующий этап - избавиться от совсем страшного акцента, но как британец (американец) вы не будете звучать никогда, и смиритесь с этим.

Для понимания английской речи на слух - надо познакомиться с тем, как она реально звучит. Например, в непереведённых фильмах. Можно (по видео в интернете) послушать, как звучит английская речь на лекциях и докладах, в том числе, когда выступающий - not native. Тут для начала надо познакомиться с диапазоном, в котором устная речь вообще бывает. А потом - долго осваивать, как они "комкают" фразы, слова, как звучат те или иные звуки, как приходится догадываться о конкретных словах по смыслу и контексту. Это всё упирается в словарный запас, знания грамматики, большую практику. Надо понимать, что не всё сразу, и тоже смириться с этим.

Maybe we could try to talk in English a bit? Right here :-) My English is poor, but I hope it would be enough, and I hope others would help.
Have you seen any movies with original sound yet?

Сообщение24.04.2014, 18:21 

17/01/13
Munin в сообщении #854018 писал(а):
Have you seen any movies with original sound yet?

I have watched The Big Bang Theory in English with English subtitles. But it was difficult for me, so I stopped watching TBBT in original sound and began to watch Extra English.

Сообщение24.04.2014, 18:25 
Заслуженный участник

11/12/05
Причём из хороших мест - США, Британия
+ Canada. Есть еще австралийско-новозеландский вариант. Но у них (как, впрочем и британцев с американцами) свой говор.
Kiwi :D

Для понимания английской речи на слух - надо познакомиться с тем, как она реально звучит. Например, в непереведённых фильмах.
Очень помогает. Кроме того, если еще включить титры на английском, то быстро повышется как грамотность в смысле орфографии, так и построения фраз.
А еще можно пробовать повторять произнесенное с экрана.

Сообщение24.04.2014, 18:51 
Заслуженный участник

30/01/06
Pineapple в сообщении #854045 писал(а):
I have watched The Big Bang Theory in English with English subtitles.

Didn't like that sitcom. It makes fun of people and occupations I highly respect. I liked some other TV series: House M.D., Lie To Me, Sherlock, Numb3rs, IT Crowd.

Some lectures on physics and maths that are available on UTube, are easily comprehensible for me. For example you can try some Stanford University lectures (I liked Susskind's courses), or Cosmography of the Local Universe (bad pronunciation!). The Elegant Universe may be to your liking as well.

Dan B-Yallay в сообщении #854047 писал(а):
А еще можно пробовать повторять произнесенное с экрана.

Это очень эффективно, но одновременно и очень скучно: отвлекает от фильма :-)

Сообщение24.04.2014, 19:25 

17/01/13
Цитата:
For example you can try some Stanford University lectures (I liked Susskind's courses), or Cosmography of the Local Universe (bad pronunciation!). The Elegant Universe may be to your liking as well.

It's interesting. I'll try.

Сообщение24.04.2014, 19:38 
Заслуженный участник

20/07/09
МФТИ ФУПМ
I just can't stay aside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhAcd405leI

(Оффтоп)

Цитата:
I currently live in New York City, which is… yeah, you know… it’s there.

I’ve been living in New York about 6 years now and when I first moved there I had a huge fear I was gonna get mugged. Constantly. Like every time I left the house it was like… here it comes, someone’s gonna take everything. I got over my fear cause I've learned a trick and now I use this trick all the time. Whenever I think someone might try to beat me up and mug me, I... fake a Russian accent. You’re welcome! It’s genius.

I’ll be walking home late at night. Two dangerous looking thugs walk up to me like:
- Yo man, you know what neighbourhood you’re in?!
- You think this bad neighbourhood?

Russians are the scariest white people! They’ve earned it! I’m so scared of them that I guarantee if I was lost, dangerously lost, there is no way I’d ask a Russian for directions. Just real quick, like
- Sir, help me. Please help me. How do I get to the subway?
- The subway? Walk down street and turn corner.
Yeah, screw that. I think I’m just gonna stay lost.
Thank you guys very much. You guys’ve been a great crowd.
Dan B-Yallay в сообщении #854047 писал(а):
Но у них (как, впрочем и британцев с американцами) свой говор.

By the way, "Elementary" allows you to feel a difference between britain and american accents.

-- Чт апр 24, 2014 20:40:44 --

Munin в сообщении #854062 писал(а):
I liked some other TV series: House M.D., Lie To Me, Sherlock, Numb3rs, IT Crowd.

House M.D., Lie To Me, Sherlock — too difficult to begin with, I suppose.

Сообщение24.04.2014, 20:10 
Заслуженный участник

11/12/05
Nemiroff в сообщении #854094 писал(а):
By the way, "Elementary" allows you to feel a difference between britain and american accents.
Not sure what "Elementary" is, BUT this will let you feel a difference between 3 english accents:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg41cDtKZBU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cun-LZvOTdw
-- Чт апр 24, 2014 11:15:12 --

By english i meant British..

Сообщение24.04.2014, 20:15 
Заслуженный участник

20/07/09
МФТИ ФУПМ
Dan B-Yallay в сообщении #854113 писал(а):
Not sure what "Elementary" is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elementary_%28TV_series%29
Dan B-Yallay в сообщении #854113 писал(а):
BUT this will let you feel a difference between 3 english accents

German, another german and the third one? :mrgreen:

Сообщение24.04.2014, 20:18 
Заслуженный участник

11/12/05
Nemiroff в сообщении #854118 писал(а):
German, another german and the third one?
They are ALL british. :D

-- Чт апр 24, 2014 11:47:05 --

Nemiroff
I am sorry for being an idiot and sending a wrong link. Here's the one that actually was meant:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cun-LZvOTdw

Сообщение24.04.2014, 20:55 
Заслуженный участник

30/01/06
Nemiroff в сообщении #854094 писал(а):
House M.D., Lie To Me, Sherlock — too difficult to begin with, I suppose.

Hmm, maybe. I was talking about their subject, not the language level. And yes, I'm watching them with subs only. But I've found I enjoy the Russian versions much less now, because the original actors' voices are really good.

Сообщение25.04.2014, 05:28 
Заслуженный участник

20/07/09
МФТИ ФУПМ
Dan B-Yallay в сообщении #854122 писал(а):
Nemiroff
I am sorry for being an idiot and sending a wrong link. Here's the one that actually was meant:

Oh, got it! For a while I've thought that your post was an example of "british humour" of some kind I don't understand. :mrgreen:

Сообщение25.04.2014, 10:57 

17/01/13
How to learn to use English tenses correctly? And create questions correctly?

Сообщение25.04.2014, 17:36 

13/08/13

Learn English grammar, ofc

Сообщение25.04.2014, 17:56 
Заслуженный участник

30/01/06
Pineapple в сообщении #854514 писал(а):
How to learn to use English tenses correctly?

The same way as with everything else:
1. Read the theory.
2. Do lots of practice.

One hint is that there are more tenses than you need at first. Some forms are frequently used, and some are rare. At first you could focus on these forms:
1. Present Simple (sometimes called Present Indefinite) for Russian Present - I learn English.
2. Present Perfect for Russian Past - I've seen the movie.
3. Future Simple for Russian Future - I'll pass the exam.
4. Would to translate the Russian "бы" - It would be nice.
Many other forms are to be used with the word when: I was watching the TV when it happened, I had done my homework when it happened.

Also remember, there is some freedom in the forms usage. You can chose the ones you're more familiar with, and express the same idea with other means. And, native speakers sometimes misuse these forms too, especially in the street slang.

And create questions correctly?

If you mean simple questions - like Did I drink something? - then the method is very simple.
1. If the verb is one of the: be, have, can, could, may, might, must, shall, should, will, would - then you invert the order of the subject and the verb (bring the verb in front): I can ... - Can I ...?
2. If the verb is not one of the above, then you add the auxiliary verb do in front: I drive ... - Do I drive ...?
All the tenses are applied to that auxiliary instead of the main verb: I saw ... - Did I see ...?
3. For the questions with question words (wh-words, like what, who, where, when, how), bring this word even more in front: I drive ... - Where do I drive ...?
If the word substituted with a question word had a preposition, leave the preposition on its place: I drive to ... - Where do I drive to?

And that's all. You just have to practice this pattern a lot.

There is advanced stuff but you can skip it for a while. You can always use simpler language for your needs, and stay safe and confident.

Сообщение25.04.2014, 18:13 
Заслуженный участник

11/12/05
How to learn to use English tenses correctly?
In the light of the previous post:
How do ( can, should) I learn to use English tenses correctly?

Начать новую тему Ответить на тему  [ Сообщений: 134 ]  На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  След.

Модераторы: Модераторы, Супермодераторы